Lambton County officials are busy reviewing public input on a possible ban of heavy trucks on Petrolia Line. Concerns had previously been raised about pedestrian safety and a recent study showed one transport truck created as much road damage as 16,000 cars. Public Works Director Jason Cole says they received input from about 50 residents and businesses in the area, and still want to meet with some other businesses and stakeholders. Cole says it's too early to tell what the preferred solution is. Once all of the input is processed, he says a document will be forwarded to county council for discussion.
Read More Local Stories
'We got attacked,': Carney discusses trade talks falling apart with U.S.
3 hours agoPrime Minister Mark Carney shared details on some demands that couldn't be accepted, like restricting trade with other countries and making concessions on our sovereignty and culture.
Canada suspends trade talks with U.S.
8 hours agoInstead, Canada will now match the 50 per cent tariffs on roughly $28 billion of Canadian goods that came into effect Saturday morning.
Pedestrian and pet killed by pickup truck
9 hours agoThe 72-year-old man from Central Huron was pronounced dead at the scene.
One man charged after drugs recovered in Listowel search
10 hours agoAccording to OPP, the search yielded a quantity of drugs suspected to be methamphetamine.
Scoreboard, Aug 22
10 hours agoThe Toronto Tempo ended a 12-game losing streak with a victory in Vancouver over the Portland Fire
Weather statement issued with weekend rain in forecast
21 hours agoIt could be a wet weekend in portions of southwestern Ontario.